Have an unforgettable cultural experience of Vietnam through this enriching full-day excursion from Ho Chi Minh city to the rural countryside of the Cai Be. Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, feast your senses on the enticing aromas of fruit orchards; tantalize your taste buds at a traditional candy factory, and browse stalls bursting with exotic produce during a visit to a floating market. Interact with locals as you discover the secrets of Vietnamese cuisine and enjoy a bicycle ride around the town of Cai Be.
- • Visit the bustling Cai Be floating market
- • Visit a fruit plantation and a local factory
- • Enjoy a boat trip to Tan Phong island in the Mekong Delta
- • Taste colourful local dishes during a cooking class
- • Listen to traditional folk music and cycling through rural villages
- • 6:30 pickup in Ho Chi Minh City centre and travel to the rural town of Cai Be. You’ll get to capture so many photos of alluring agricultural landscapes along the way.
- • Upon arrival, hop on a motorboat to cruise around the Cai Be floating market, a commercial spectacle established in the 19th century.
- • Explore the market to see the bustling atmosphere of how the locals trading their goods on the river.
- • Visit the coconut candy factory to see the manufacturing process and try some of this sweet treat delicacy.
- • Visit a small village of the Mekong Delta and their fruit orchard then indulge in some local drinks while listening to the melodious Vietnamese folk music known as ‘Don Ca Tai Tu”
- • Get on a small boat and sail to Tan Phong island to begin the cooking class where you’ll learn some insights about the Vietnamese cuisine. Prepare delicious dishes inspired by regional recipes; including braised fish, grilled steak and friend elephant-ear fish.
- • Have a nice lunch with your culinary classics then hop onto a bicycle to explore the orchards, bonsai gardens and winding pathways of a local village.
- • Sail back to Cai Be to return to Ho Chi Minh city.