The Mekong Delta is the “rice bowl of Vietnam”. You’ll have an unforgettable experience cruising past the riverside villages, orchards, and rice paddies. This full-day tour is a great opportunity for you to immerse in the Vietnamese culture and glimpse into village life in the Mekong Delta.
- • Soak up the atmosphere at the bustling Cai Be floating market
- • Taste delicious local Vietnamese dishes during a cooking class
- • Visit a rice noodle factory and fruit orchard
- • Cruise past rice paddies and stilted houses on a traditional sampan
- • 4:30 pickup from Ho Chi Minh (5:15 if in Can Tho) to visit Cai Rang floating market. Soak in the hustle bustle daily morning lives of Mekong Delta.
- Enjoy breakfast on board.
- • Visit a cacao orchard where some of the most delicate cacao flourishes on an island that lie just a boat ride away from Ho Chi Minh city.
- • Go to the wet market to buy ingredients for the cooking class. During the trip to the market, your local guide will explain to you more about the flavour and an insight into the daily cuisine of local people in Mekong Delta.
- • Take the cooking class to learn about some traditional southern dishes and listen more about the history, culture, as well as local custom throughout the class.
- • Enjoy lunch with local family then relax on a hammock.
- • Visit seasonal fruit garden and rice paddies, hear the local people tell you about their harvesting seasons.
- • Return to Ho Chi Minh city (or Can Tho)