Save yourself the hassle of haggling with boatmen and enjoy prime position for Cai Rang floating market on this door-to-door private guided tour that takes you deep into the Mekong Delta’s charming countryside. Start early to reach the market as it gets going, then savor a Vietnamese breakfast as vendors and shoppers glide by.
- • Visit cultural attractions along the canals and island
- • Immerse in the bustling atmosphere of the morning floating market
- • Cycling around peaceful village paths
- • Join a cooking class to learn the traditional Southern Vietnam style.
- • 5:00 hotel pickup to Cai Rang floating market in Can Tho City. Have a light breakfast on the way. See the endless green or yellow rice paddy fields on the both sides of street or take a nap during the 3-hour ride so you’ll get more energy for all the exploring activities.
- • Upon arrival in Can Tho, board on a private boat to visit Cai Rang floating market, one of the most famous and biggest floating markets in the Mekong Delta. From the early morning, countless number of boats and sampans will gather here, making the whole area so bustle.
- The large boats are full of farm products and specialties such as vegetables, coconut, banana, dragon fruit and rambutan while small boats mainly sell food, coffee, light snacks and Vietnamese noodles.
- • Visit some traditional workshop where you’ll have a great time seeing how locals make “Hu Tieu”. The famous chef Gordon Ramsay once exclaimed that the bowl of noodle he ate at Cai Be floating market has one of the best broths he had ever tasted.
- • 11:00, leave Can Tho and head to Cai Be to join a cooking class. You’ll have another view of the Southern cooking style and learn how the locals prepare traditional meals.
- • Relax after lunch under on comfortable hammocks under the shadow of tropical fruit trees to recharge.
- • Cycling through village paths with tropical fruits and bonsai gardens on both sides, visit some handicraft workshops nearly.
- • Relax on a rowing boat through the mangrove palm canal to feel the real peaceful atmosphere of Mekong Delta
- • 15:30 returns to Ho Chi Minh City