Cai Be floating market is one of the largest wholesale markets in the Southwest region. Many boats gather together and most of the bustle trading activities take place on the vast river. Cruising along Cai Be floating market, you will see Tan Phong island, composed of 6 other beautiful islands with a total area of 2,430 ha.
- • Visit Cai Be floating market
- • Enjoy a boat trip to Tan Phong island
- • Taste delicious local delicacies
- • Learn how to prepare some traditional local dishes
- • Cycling around the fruit orchards and bonsai garden
- • 7:00 pickup at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city to depart to Cai Be. Stop at Tan An town on the way to have a bit sightseeing and take photo of the picturesque flat rice fields.
- • 9:30 arrive in Cai Be and get on a sampan boat ride to Cai Be floating market. You will see the locals trading fruits and many other commodities on their vessels. Your guide will take you to visit a local familu business to learn how to make crispy rice popcorn and coconut candy. After that, you will walk into a small village to visit the orchard and fruit plantation while listening to traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
- • 11:30 arrive at Tan Phong island, the green pearl of Vinh Long town where you can immerse yourself in nature Learn how to prepare Vietnamese dishes. After that, in the heart of the garden, enjoy fresh river food and the food you cook by yourself. Relax in hammocks after lunch.
- • 14:00 cycle around the village path with fruit orchards. This is a chance for you to meet the local islanders and learn more about the daily life of the local people in Mekong Delta.
- • 15:00 get on a boat ride back to Cai Be and then a drive back to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.