Discover the vast network of canals and channels that comprises the Mekong Delta. Travel by air-conditioning vehicle from Ho Chi Minh city to the market town of My Tho where you’ll board a traditional sampan for a 3-hour ride. Get a glimpse of the distinct agricultural life of the vibrant southern Delta region while you float past verdant fields. Stop at a village to taste a local specialty, listen to Vietnamese folk music and savour a delicious meal.
- • Mekong Delta boat tour, departing from My Tho
- • Visit VInh Trang Pagoda and ride a sampan down narrow canals
- • Taste coconut candy, honeybee tea and tropical fruits
- • Listen to traditional southern Vietnamese music
- • Enjoy lunch at a riverside restaurant with local specialties
- • 8:00 – 8:30 hotel pickup and depart to My Tho, which is about 70km away from Saigon. See lush rice paddies and small peaceful villages on the way.
- • Upon arrival in My Tho, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, one of the most famous landmarks in the region. Then enjoy a boat trip and rowing sampan passing through small canals, and visit an island where you will have a short walk in a village.
- • Witness a step-by-step process on how to make coconut candy and try some yourself. Taste honeybee tea and tropical fruit while listening to traditional southern Vietnamese music called “đờn ca tài tử” – a combination of court music and folk music.
- • Lunch will be served at a riverside restaurant with savoury specialties like fried elephant-ear fish, spring rolls, grilled chicken and vegetable soup.
- • End the trip with a boat ride back to My Tho then a drive back to Ho Chi Minh City.