Right from the top of the slope when the market is a distance, fresh colours are visible, and more prominent between the mountains and the gloomy sky. Looking around the main road run through the market, people sell vegetables, tubers, pots, and personal items. From the main street turn to the market is the place to sell stilts, brocade, wool, blankets and so on. Luong Khau Nhin market is flooded with brilliant colours of dresses, padding, of cabbage green and yellow tangerine. The market is held every Thursday starting around 7:30, you’ll get to see groups of ethnic people in their colourful costumes, carrying bags of goods on their shoulders from the road to the market.
- • A great chance to try some local dishes such as donuts, rolls, sticky rice and more.
- • See the bustling scene exchange, purchase and visit of the ethnic people
- • Experience the daily life of minority people from peaceful villages in the North of Vietnam.
- • 6:30 departure to Luong Khau Nhin market from Sapa downtown or Lao Cai.
- • Spend time walking around the market to see how ethnic people here buy and sell agricultural products.
- • Visit the pineapple and tea plantations in Muong Khung.
- • Have lunch either in Muong Khung or Lao Cai.
- • Return to departure point.