With a complex geopolitical history, the people of the northern Vietnamese highlands have shown great resilience and creativity to overcome hardhsip. This is evident in day to day life and reflected in the food which is both exotic and high variety. The culinary tradition of the ethnic groups around Sapa is based on the fantastic natural products resulting in simple dishes with clear flavours and unique taste combinations, many which are foraged from the forest or collected in and around the rice paddies.
- • Exotic street food tasting
- • Genuine converstations with local ethnic minorites
- • Exploring Sapa culture & history
- • Friendly atmosphere among local people
- • 17:30 starts of the tour from downtown Sapa. You’ll get to hear about how some of the dishes here were created while tasting the unforgettable exotic flavours.
- • Menu
- Ếch xào măng cay – Paddy frog with bamboo and chilly (hot)
- Cua đồng rang với lá tía tô, hay dế mèn rang muối giòn – Deep fried field crabs with wild betel leaves or Salty, nutty, crunchy pan-fried crickets
- Rau su su xào – Stir fried chayote leaves with garlic
- Rau cải mèo – local Sapa spinach
- Đậu phụ mắm tôm – Tofu with balm mint and shrimp paste
- Bánh đà – Crispy rice pancake
- Trứng vịt lộn và rau răm – Half-hatched duck eggs (balut) with ginger and Vietnamese coriander
- Cháo lươn – Eel Congee
- Cá hồi cuốn tươi – Fresh rainbow trout spring rolls
- Chè thập cẩm – Sweet soup
- Bia hơi – Draft rice beer or soft drinks
- Rượu mận – Home made wild plum liquor.
* Notes: all menu items subject to availability. In the event of any dish being unavailable, a suitable equivalent will be made available.